Please join us on Thursday, May 28, 2020, at 1 PM Eastern as Milliman’s Melody Craff, Francesca Hammerstrom, Adam Wallace and Edward Jhu present practical guidance to help organizations analyze the impact of COVID-19 on healthcare cost and utilization trends, in the HealthcareWebSummit event: Milliman Guidance: Resources to Analyze the Impact of COVID-19.
Webinar: Thursday, May 28, 2020, at 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Eastern
- Guidance to help analyze COVID-19 healthcare cost and utilization impact
- Initial supportive resources to navigate dramatic changes in the healthcare landscape
- COVID-19 analytic approaches for identifying and quantifying key factors
- Illustrative overview of data-driven dashboards
Faculty: Melody Craff, PhD MBA MD FAHM MS MA, Director, Strategic Analytic Services and Research, Milliman; Francesca Hammerstrom, MPP Director, MedInsight Product Marketing, Milliman; Adam Wallace, Director of Sales, Milliman MedInsight; Edward Jhu, Principal & Consulting Actuary, Milliman;
The current coronavirus pandemic has far-reaching implications for nearly every area of healthcare spending. In addition to the burden of treating the disease itself, which is overwhelming hospitals in many areas, citizens have been forced to change utilization patterns for nearly every service they access as stay at home orders and business closures are in effect in many states. Nearly all organizations will face certain unique challenges that will complicate their access to timely, complete, and credible information regarding COVID-19. These challenges are not insurmountable, but rather require organizations to be innovative and flexible in how they approach the analysis.
This webinar, and Milliman’s accompanying white paper “Frameworks and considerations for COVID-19 related analyses,” present practical guidance to help organizations analyze the impact of COVID-19 on healthcare cost and utilization trends. The intent is to provide initial supportive resources for healthcare organizations, as they navigate dramatic changes in the healthcare landscape.
The Milliman MedInsight team will discuss analytic approaches for:
- Identifying COVID-19 testing and diagnosis
- Surveillance and screening
- Identification of individuals at higher risk of severe illness of COVID-19
- Identifying patients with a high likelihood of undiagnosed COVID-19
- Quantifying utilization of telehealth, telephonic, online and virtual visits
- Identifying potentially impacted elective procedures
Milliman implemented these methods into data-driven dashboards that serve as a starting point for analysis. As an example, they will demonstrate an illustrative overview of a set of dashboards currently available in the Milliman MedInsight Portal. Incorporating the best practices laid out in their white paper, this set of sample queries address each of the key focus areas for COVID-19 analysis.
- Individual Registration: $195
- Individual Registration and Post-event materials - Includes webinar video and presentation pdf file: $240 for attendees
- Post-event materials for non-attendees - Includes webinar video and presentation pdf file. Available after the event: $260
MCOL Premium members receive a 50% discount on all Healthcare Web Summit events. Members can get the discount code on the Premium Member Website. Non-members can learn about MCOL Premium memberships and sign-up to get the 50% discount on this and future events.
Need a Printable Form? Download a registration form you can fax or mail.
In addition to the main faculty presentation, this event includes a fun whiteboard drawing format opening video, a brief moderated faculty interview, and concluding live audience questions and answers. The day before the event, you'll receive login information, including downloadable companion presentation slides.
Just after the event, you'll receive a follow-up request for feedback, also offering an opportunity to provide any final questions that can be forwarded to the faculty. Also, if you need support before, during or after the event, you can contact HealthcareWebSummit staff at any time.
After attending this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Comprehend practical guidance to help analyze COVID-19 impact on healthcare cost and utilization trends
- Access Initial supportive resources to navigate dramatic changes in the healthcare landscape.
- Ascertain COVID-19 Analytic approaches for identifying testing and diagnosis; surveillance and screening; identification of individuals at higher risk of severe illness; identifying patients with a high likelihood of undiagnosed coronavirus; quantifying utilization of telehealth, telephonic, online and virtual visits; and identifying potentially impacted elective procedures
- Explore an illustrative overview of data-driven dashboards currently available in the Milliman MedInsight Portal
- Engage in interactive learning through online question submission, attendee feedback and opportunity for post-event follow up questions.
Interested attendees would include:
- C-Suite Executives
- Analytics Executives and Staff
- Actuarial Executives and Staff
- COVID-19 Planning and Response Teams
- Medical Directors
- Population Health Executives and Staff
- Planning and Strategic Executives and Staff
- Business Intelligence Staff
- Other Interested Parties
Attendees would represent organizations including:
- Health Plans
- Hospitals and Health Systems
- Clinically Integrated Networks
- Accountable Care Organizations
- Provider Networks
- Third Party Administrators
- Solutions Providers
- Life Sciences Organizations
- Care Management and Population Health Organizations
- Associations, Institutes and Research Organizations
- Government Agencies
- Other Interested Organizations
Melody Craff, PhD MBA MD FAHM MS MA
Melody has been in the healthcare industry for 23 years. She is skilled in facilitating multi-stakeholder engagement in strategic planning, market analysis, and technical and operational problem-solving. She has led large-scale implementations of organizational strategies in clinical leadership, research, supply chain contracting, pharmacy management, and EHR for 5 states.
Francesca Hammerstrom, MPP
Francesca is the director of product marketing at Milliman MedInsight. In this role she is responsible for mapping client and market needs to MedInsight’s broad capabilities. This includes understanding MedInsight clients’ current and future goals and priorities in Value Based Care, as well as broader national market trends.
Prior to MedInsight, Francesca served as the Senior Director of Medical Economics and Client Analytics at Evolent Health, where she was responsible for the population health analysis for several dozen clients including Accountable Care Organizations, Medicaid Health Plans, and Medicare Advantage Health Plans.
Adam is the director of sales and a senior sales consultant for the MedInsight practice based out of the Seattle office of Milliman. He joined the firm in 2010.
Adam's current responsibilities include the oversight and management of new revenue growth within MedInsight. This includes the distribution of the MedInsight decision support platform and MedInsight products for healthcare payers, large employers, community health coalitions and state governments.
He has specialized in several aspects of healthcare business technology, including analytics, normative pricing datasets, claims editing and re-pricing solutions, anti-fraud and recovery services, drug comparison and therapeutic alternative tools, and Medicare Advantage/Part-D plan evaluation and enrollment solutions.
Edward Jhu, FSA, MAAA
Ed is a principal and consulting actuary in the Seattle office of Milliman. He joined the firm in 1999. Ed’s expertise is in group healthcare, with an emphasis on government sponsored programs, (including Medicare and VHA) and health care payer/provider relations. His experience covers a broad spectrum, including providers, payers and purchasers.