Webinar: Friday, August 23, 2019, at 1 PM - 2PM Eastern
- Gain insight on RBP and its benefits, challenges
- Assess RBP's impact on your health care spend and out-of-pocket expenses
- Learn about best practices to implement and administer RBP
- Tailor RBP programs to meet your organization’s needs and facilitate buy-in from employees
- Case studies on employers that have implemented RBP
Faculty: Marty Joseph, Principal and Founder, BAS (Benefit Administrative Systems)
Need a Printable Form? Download a registration form you can fax or mail
More and more health benefit brokers and employers are exploring reference-based pricing (RBP) as a way to control healthcare costs and provide more transparency and freedom to members. Unlike traditional PPO plans, RBP plans base provider reimbursements on either a percentage of Medicare reimbursement rates or the true cost of the healthcare service. Additionally, RBP does not utilize a carrier or provider network, so members may see any healthcare provider.
In this session, BAS founder Marty Joseph will provide his insights, drawing on his years of experience in administering RBP plans to talk about it's challenges and benefits, as well as key strategies for successfully implementing and administering RBP plans.
The session will include case studies of 2 employer groups that switched from a traditional PPO structure to an RBP plan.
Please join us on Friday, August 23, 2019, at 1 PM Eastern as Benefit Administrative Systems' Marty Joseph shares insights and results with implementing and administering reference based pricing plans, in the HealthcareWebSummit event: Employer Experiences With Reference Based Pricing.
In addition to the main faculty presentation, this event includes a fun whiteboard drawing format opening video, a brief moderated faculty interview, and concluding live audience questions and answers. The day before the event, you'll receive login information, including downloadable companion presentation slides.
Just after the event, you'll receive a follow-up request for feedback, also offering an opportunity to provide any final questions that can be forwarded to the faculty. Also, if you need support before, during or after the event, you can contact HealthcareWebSummit staff at any time.
After attending this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Ascertain employer and administrator experiences, perspectives, approaches, and program components in adoption of reference based pricing plans.
- Examine employer case study results after implementing a referenced based pricing plan.
- Explore the challenges, benefits and implications of adopting reference based pricing.
- Identify key strategies for successfully implementing and administering reference based pricing plans.
- Engage in interactive learning through online question submission, attendee feedback and opportunity for post-event follow up questions.
Interested attendees would include:
- C-Suite Executives
- Benefit Consultants
- Human Resources and Benefit Executives and Managers
- Benefit and Claims Operations Executives
- Managed Care Executives and Staff
- Revenue Cycle Executives and Staff
- Planning and Strategic Executives and Staff
- Business Intelligence Staff
- Provider Relations Executives
- Other Interested Parties
Attendees would represent organizations including:
- Consulting Organizations
- Health Plans
- Medical Groups
- Life Sciences Organizations
- Solutions Providers
- Associations, Institutes and Research Organizations
- Other Interested Organizations
Individual Registration Fee: $195. Post-event materials, with video of slides synchronized with speaker audio, plus presentation pdf file: $45 for attendees; $260 for non-attendees after the event. Register above or download a registration form. You can also register by phone: 209.577.4888. Corporate Site licensing also available. We look forward to your attendance!
Principal and Founder, BAS (Benefit Administrative Systems) and President, Sales, HealthComp Holdings
Marty has been President and Principal of BAS since 1983. In 2017, BAS merged with Alpine Investors and created a Holding company called HealthComp Holdings. HealthComp Holdings employs over 600 associates with locations in Chicago and Fresno and services more than 330,000 member lives.
Leading the Sales and Marketing efforts of HealthComp Holdings, Marty has grown the company from only administering employee benefit plans to offering a full array of cost management solution services. Marty has developed the organization's capabilities to become an industry leader in Third Party Administration.
Marty graduated from the University of Illinois Chicago with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting.