Please join us on Thursday, May 12th, 2022 at 1PM Eastern, as Collaborative Health Systems’ Mike Barrett and Andrew Gil discuss leveraging Medicare Shared Savings Program Success to transition to Medicare Advantage in the HealthcareWebSummit event: Achieving Success Through MSSP to MA Transition.
Webinar: Thursday, May 12, 2022, at 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Eastern
- A refresher on Medicare FFS ACO models
- Introduction to Medicare Advantage
- MA vs. FFS: Similarities and differences
- How a standard approach to VBC can achieve success
- Case study: Enabling providers through a multiprogram IPA and ACO infrastructure forward
Faculty: Mike Barrett, Vice President of Strategy and Business Development, Collaborative Health Systems; and Andrew Gil, Senior Director of Payor Contracting, Collaborative Health Systems.
Accountable Care Organizations participating in the Medicare Shared Program have already progressed through the spectrum of value based care arrangements, with many achieving measurable levels of success. This session addresses the potential to leverage that success further by transitioning to Medicare Advantage participation, including examination of a case study on enabling providers through a multiprogram IPA and ACO infrastructure forward/
During the session Medicare FFS ACO and Medicare Advantage program structures will be overviewed, compared and contrasted. The opportunities available with a collaborative value-based care approach under Medicare Advantage will be examined, with respect to how a standard approach to VBC can achieve success.
- Individual Registration: $195
- Individual Registration and Post-event materials - Includes webinar video and presentation pdf file: $240 for attendees
- Post-event materials for non-attendees - Includes webinar video and presentation pdf file. Available after the event: $260
Register above or download a registration form. You can also register by phone: 209.577.4888. Corporate Site licensing also available. We look forward to your attendance!
MCOL Premium members receive a 50% discount on all Healthcare Web Summit events. Members can get the discount code by logging onto the Premium Member Website and then going to the Premium Member HealthWebsummit page. Non-members can learn about MCOL Premium memberships and sign-up to get the 50% discount on this and future events.
Need a Printable Form? Download a registration form you can fax or mail.
Cure for the Common Webinar
In addition to the main presentation, this webinar will include an opening introductory video and moderated audience Q&A. Within one business day of your registration, you'll receive login information. You will receive a reminder email 1 day and 1 hour before the live event.
One day after the live webinar, you'll receive a follow-up email which will include a link to the presentation slides. You’re also welcome to provide feedback via this email as well as submit additional questions to be forwarded to the speakers. For support before, during or after the event, please contact HealthcareWebSummit office at 209.577.4888.
After attending this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Understand value-based care fundamentals and contracting
- Identify the opportunities available with a value-based care approach
- Consider the benefits of a collaborative approach to value-base care
- Explore the advantages of Medicare Advantage
- Benefit from interactive learning including opportunities to engage with faculty with questions and discussion
Who Should Attend
Interested attendees would include:
- C-Suite Executives
- ACO Executives and Staff
- Managed Care Executives and Staff
- Finance Executives and Staff
- Provider Network Executives and Staff
- Provider Contracting Executives and Staff
- Government Program and Medicare Business Line Executives and Staff
- Business Intelligence Staff
- Policy, Planning and Strategy Executives and Staff
- Other Interested Parties
Attendees would represent organizations including:
- Accountable Care Organizations
- Hospitals and Health Systems
- Provider Networks
- Clinically Integrated Networks
- Medical Groups
- Health Plans
- Solutions Providers
- Life Sciences Organizations
- Associations, Institutes and Research Organizations
- Government Agencies
- Other Interested Organizations
Mike Barrett is Collaborative Health Systems’ Vice President of Strategy and Business Development. In his role, Mike works with provider organizations of every type to guide projects from concept to implementation, configuring relationships so that all stakeholders achieve success. These partnerships include Medicare ACOs and other business operating partnerships, producing industry-leading value for all CHS constituents. Mike brings more than 35 years of varied health care experience to the CHS mission. He has held leadership positions in hospital organizations and large physician groups, as well as with IPAs and even HMOs. Mike co-founded the National Association of Accountable Care Organizations (NAACOS) and served as Chairman from 2012 – 2015, Board Member through 2017, and remains a member of the Policy Committee.
Andrew Gil is Collaborative Health Systems’ Senior Director of Payor Contracting. Andrew is an experienced contract negotiator and healthcare leader who has worked with several medical groups and hospital systems in the Los Angeles area over the last decade. Andrew has worked extensively in value-based care, negotiating contracts for commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid products. He received his JD from the University of San Diego in 2012 and is currently completing his MBA with the University of Nevada, Reno. Andrew currently serves as co-chair of the Contract Committee for America’s Physician Groups (APG).